Centre Principal: Jaslin Neo
Jaslin has 16 years of experience in early childhood education and holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Early Childhood Education from the University of Wales. Guided by the philosophy and belief that children are active learners, Jaslin specialises on formulating curricula inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach. She was previously with PCF Sparkletots Preschool and Montessori. Under Jaslin’s strong leadership in PCF Sparkletots previously, the centre managed to achieve Singapore Pre-School Accreditation Framework (SPARK) Certification in 2011 and Re-certification for Progress in Teaching and Learning (Commendation) in 2015. Prior to that, she led her team to attain the Ministry of Education-Aces for Kindergarten Excellence Outstanding Kindergarten Commendation Innovation Award in 2010. Apart from her duties in the centre, Jaslin also mentors trainee teachers from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, SEED and other training agencies. She demonstrates commitment to lifelong learning by keeping herself abreast of current trends in early childhood education and readily shares experiences and best practices with overseas institutions and practitioners.
These institutions and practitioners include:
- Nasser Palangi and Farideh Zaariv, Artists from Australia
- Educators from Han Yang Women’s College, Korea
- Xing Zhong School, Surabaya, Indonesia
- Julie Vienus, Multiple Intelligences Institutes, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA
- Jennie Wallace and Norman, Titirangi Private Kindergarten, New Zealand
- JoWhite, Portman Early Childhood Centre, London
- Principals and teachers from Chengdu, China
- Mauricio Gonzalez, Spanish Community Designers Architects
- Sun Jin Qing, Director of ECE, Tianjin, China
- Fong Yoon Fah, Asst Director, Pre-school Education 1, Ministry of Education
- Dr Ellen Hall, member of the North American Reggio Emilia Alliana (NAREA), Executive Director of Boulder Journey School, Colorado
- Dex Lane and Vashima Goyal, M.Ed-Sheffied, United Kingdom, Director of Pedagogy
- Mr R.G. Millington- Exective Principal, Kristy Evan, Clare Silva, Chepping View Primary School, London
- Prof, Dr. Sopia Bt Md Yassin, NCDRC’s Director, National Child Development Research Centre, Malaysia
- Early Childhood Educators and Principal from KornHill Inkids International Kindergarten, Hong Kong.
Awards that Jaslin have obtained include:
- 2009: PCF Excellence Individual Award
- 2011: Overseas Learning Experiences Award, Perth, Australia
- 2005 and 2009: Overseas Learning Experiences Award, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Senior Teacher: Jessie Aw
Jessie Aw has more than 20 years of experience in early childhood education. She holds a Certificate in Pre-School Teaching accredited by MOE – MCDS and a Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching.
Jessie is passionate about early childhood education and believes that setting strong foundations for children are of utmost importance in their formative years. She has been constantly attending courses and seminars to keep herself updated on latest developments in early childhood education. In her previous employment in PCF Sparkletots Preschool, Jessie also took on the role of mentoring new teachers and was the acting Principal of the Preschool in the Principal’s absence. Due to her vast experience, she had been actively involved in presentations to overseas educators from Indonesia, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
Throughout her career, Jessie thrived in working with children between the ages 3 and 6 and liaised closely with their families to support the children's learning and development. Jessie enjoys establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with both her students and their parents.
Jessie obtained the Individual Good Practice Award in 2011 and team awards in 2010 and 2012 from Ministry of Education.
Senior Teacher: Isabella Shi
Isabella Shi has more than 10 years of experience in early childhood education. She holds a Certificate in Pre-School Teaching accredited by MOE – MCDS and a Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching.
Isabella is our senior teacher and Chinese teacher. Prior to Hundred Thoughts Preschool, she was teaching Chinese in KinderYears Childcare , NTUC Childcare, Han Chinese Enrichment Centre and PCF Sparkletots Preschool. Isabella has also taken on the role of mentoring new Chinese teachers and was previously involved in presentations to overseas educators from China, Hong Kong and Ministry of Education.
Isabella obtained the Individual Good Practice Award in 2012 and team awards in 2010 and 2012 from Ministry of Education. Her philosophy for teaching is to bring her Chinese lessons to life, using innovative ways and strategies to help children learn mother tongue and achieve their best.
Chinese Teacher: Lin Jie
Lin Jie has four years of experience in early childhood education. She holds a Certificate in Pre-School Teaching accredited by MOE – MCDS and a Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching.
Lin Jie is our Chinese teacher. Prior to Hundred Thoughts Preschool, she was teaching Chinese in Faith EduCare Centre, PCF Sparkletots Preschool and Ascension Kindergarten.
Lin Jie shares her love of literature with the children, bring stories to life with an interactive approach.